Wednesday, June 20, 2012

The Take-off

My stomach had butterflies as the pilot announced the take off. I never boarded a plane prior to that day, and being afraid of heights my mind asked questions of my safety, my life was being placed in the hands of the pilot. Swiftly the plane moved from the ground, like all phobia stricken people I felt like screaming because the feeling I felt I had never felt before. It was like a joy ride I feared. To my amazement all my worries turned to excitement as my blood rushed through my body. With a sudden groove of enjoyment I fell in love with my deepest fear. Talk about overcoming? Im talking about the take off experience.

Life hands us ideas individually and collectively, we often fear to move. One writer once said the grave-site is filled with un-explored ideas. We all have a passion about something yet we fear the unknown; Like me in a plane yourmind draws you all the alternatives why you shouldn't be there. You imagine the crash before you enjoy the ride, Starting something is more feared than doing nothing. It is time we as young people, leaders of tommorrow to fear doing "nothing" more than starting something. The worlds longest journey began with a step, The worlds most famous painting began with a dot, the centuries best music began with a note. Taking off is a scary experience but it gets you off the ground. I met a very talented musician who in my humble opinion will go nowhere. The talent is there, like the desire to board the plane was in me, yet the fear to take off stopped me for years until I decided to give it A GO. You will never know until you try, dont kill the idea before the take off, and remember after you leave the ground you no longer see eye to eye with those on the ground. Do not allow the ground walkers to stop your vision, they see tall buildings but you on top of them, what is a high barrier to others will be a low one for you because you were more darring to take off, dont let the thief called fear to steal your faith to take off.

No comments:

Post a Comment